It is intended to host a one-day course each term in Alsager – which is just by junction 16 on the M6.
Six courses will be offered. They are designed not to duplicate common RE courses but are significant at the present time.
- Teaching RE in a post modern world
- The social psychological basis of Jesus’ teaching and its relationship to contemporary RE
- Developing thinking skills in RE and their significance
- Integrating and developing RE through planned concepts, strategies, methods and assessment
- An integrated theory of instruction and learning related to religious education and the humanities
- Achieving spirituality through defined teaching strategies
It is expected that aspects of the Religious Dimensional projects and the cooperative projects plus aspects of ‘Jesus – a Master Teacher’ will be used.